Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hey all,
I thought I'd start out by sharing s story about grandma and grandpa. When I was 18, I got engaged to a 24-years-old that I met at institute. He was a good guy and everything, but just not the right guy for me--- and I was basically too too young. My dad and mom tried talking to me and telling me their concerns about my age but I was sure I knew what I was doing.
The next day, grandma and grandpa just happened to drop in ;). They were driving to Ridgecrest to see a friend of theirs that sold cars up there and would I like to go along? So of course I wanted to go. It was a 3-hour drive each way. So I got all this valuable one-on-one time with them.
They talked to me about being engaged and basically helped me come to my senses in a way nobody else could. They were so loving and caring. I'm so glad they shared time and their wisdom with me at a time when I needed it. I broke off the engagement and everything turned out right.

1 comment: